The Partnership for a Healthy Durham consists of four committees, each focusing on a different set of health priorities, and led by co-chairs. In 2015, the Partnership added a communications committee made of Partnership members and communications professionals. The purpose of the communications committee is to improve internal communications, external communications and branding of the Partnership.
Most committees meet monthly, and they each determine their own action plan, meeting schedule, leadership, and activities. The entire Partnership is invited to a meeting quarterly, which is an opportunity for networking, committee updates, and learning about community issues.
Leadership and Steering Committee
The current Steering Committee includes the committee chairs, the Partnership Co-Chairs, the Partnership coordinator, and the Director of the Durham County Department of Public Health.
Partnership Co-Chair – Kelly Warnock, Durham County Department of Public Health
Partnership Co-Chair – Gina Upchurch, Senior PharmAssist
Partnership Coordinator – Marissa Mortiboy, Durham County Department of Public Health
Durham County Department of Public Health Director – Gayle Harris
- Gina Upchurch, Senior PharmAssist
- Kelly Warnock, Durham County Department of Public Health
- Camille Grant, Duke University
- Angel Romero, Duke Univeristy
- Tara Ilsley Murillo, Duke Health
- Jeff Quinn, Durham Connects
- Candice Givens, Durham County Department of Public Health
- Michael Wilson, Community advocate and HIV/AIDS activist
- Jannah Bierens, Durham County Department of Public Health
- Chelsea Hawkins, Durham County Department of Public Health
- Wanda Boone, Durham T.R.Y.
- Cindy Haynes, Duke University Medical Center
The Partnership for a Healthy Durham currently benefits from the active participation of over 225 members, and 60 organizations. The committees of the Partnership are eager to involve anyone who is interested in improving the health of Durham communities.
- Access to Care – Camille Grant and Angel Romero
- Communications– Tara Ilsley and Jeff Quinn
- Obesity and Chronic Illness – Chelsea Hawkins and Jannah Bierens
- HIV/STIs – Candice Givens and Michael Wilson
- Substance Use/Mental Health – Wanda Boone and Cindy Haynes